rotki is an open source portfolio tracker, accounting and analytics tool that protects your privacy.
Vue.js/TypeScript Developer - Role requirements
What is rotki?
Rotki helps manage accounts and blockchain transactions. It’s local-first, privacy focused and all open source. We are long time contributors to the Ethereum ecosystem and general crypto space. In order to support more blockchains (Cosmos, Roll Ups, etc.), and to continue to ship new features we need the help of a Vue.js/Typescript developer. Our project is open source, so feel free to take a look at our codebase here: https://github.com/rotki/rotki
How your work with us will look like?
We are looking for a passionate Vue.js developer with excellent knowledge of Typescript. Your primary focus will be to assist in implementing new features, improving the frontend quality and performance. You will also assist in modularizing a monolithic Vue.js app to make it scalable and maintainable. The position requires an understanding of blockchains, DeFi protocols, and exchanges in order to implement features that will provide the best experience to our users. We are looking for candidates that share our values on opensource and privacy and are focused on building robust applications that provide value to our users.
- Excellent knowledge of TypeScript.
- Excellent knowledge of Vue.js & Vuex (or pinia)
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs
- Any experience building modular Vue.js applications with reusable components
- Python backend development experience
- DevOps experience
Non-technical bonus points:
- 4 hours daily overlap with European working hours 1000 CET - 1800 CET for smoother teamwork
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Proactive can-do attitude and self-confidence to propose new solutions and take charge in their execution.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent English speaking skills.
- Located in Berlin or somewhere close. 2 other full time members of Rotki are here and meeting face to face is valuable.
What we offer:
- A full-time position, but are open to part-time contributors as well. If located in Germany we can provide full employment with insurance and social benefits.
- Flexible working hours. We sync once per day, but other than that you decide when you work.
- Remote / WFH
- Training in the specifics of the project and guidance through the sector of cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance
- Participation in conferences and events to represent rotki and get to know other fascinating projects from the field (travel expenses are on us)
- Up to €2k for hardware allowance (laptop, dappnode, office equipment etc) upon passed probation period
Send your CV, a link to your GitHub profile and a cover letter to email@example.com. In the cover letter tell us what you think of rotki’s codebase and include a link to a project you worked on and are most proud about and tell us why.If you have any questions hit us up on discord: https://discord.gg/aGCxHG7
Apply via the original post…
To help with your application, here's a sample web developer cover letter.
Last updated .