Video Content Creator & Storyteller (YouTube, TikTok, IG, Etc.)
Proton is a Swiss technology company offering privacy-focused online services including email, VPN and file storage.
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 70 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
As a video content creator at Proton, you will have the opportunity to turn our privacy and security news, stories, tutorials, and educational content to life for our community of millions and beyond. Your primary channel will be Youtube, but you will also be able to experiment with Tiktoks, Reels, and Shorts to relay our brand’s messages in an engaging way.
As a video storyteller, you are at ease in front of the camera and can easily explain a complicated and technical concept to a wide audience. You’re a natural storyteller who knows the ins and outs of turning anything into engaging videos for YouTube and more. You’ll have the opportunity to build Proton’s brand presence on Youtube and influence how it will develop in time.
If you feel comfortable taking initiative and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company and have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
*Preferred locations are listed above but this role can be remote based from other European countries
What you will do
- Leverage research and internal knowledge to craft engaging stories for Youtube that you will present on camera.
- Craft stories using stock video, screen recordings, archival and new footage, photos, and more to make videos that aim to empower people with knowledge about privacy, security, and online freedom.
- Contribute to a social media strategy that spans social media networks, blogs, online communities, forums, review sites, and other outlets where we can engage with people,
- Brainstorm together with the broader social media team and find new ideas for videos and stories we can cover on our channels
- Contribute to the Youtube channel content creation calendar in line with the broader video strategy
- Research and develop scripts for your videos
- Film, edit, voiceover, and publish Proton’s videos according to the Youtube publishing calendar
- Contribute to growing the Youtube follower community and help establish Proton as a video high quality content creator
- Follow inspiring brands and keep up with the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in brand building, social media, and community building
- 1+ years of hands-on experience writing, recording and publishing video content as a vlogger, ideally on Youtube or a similar role in the Media industry.
- Comfortable with storyboarding and scripting
- Hands-on experience with doing voice overs for videos you’ve created
- Proven experience creating high-quality, engaging video content, measuring its impact and improving on it
- Experience researching topics and putting together the most interesting facts that make up a high quality video
- Experience with multi-brand, multilingual communities and channels
- Deep knowledge and a good understanding of technology, internet and security
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive, you don’t require constant input and you have meticulous attention to detail
- Good understanding and knowledge of the YouTube algorithm
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
- Native and flawless written and spoken English skills
Bonus points for:
- Charismatic and laid back on-screen presence
- Previous journalistic experience / podcasting experience
- Experience in the tech or SaaS industry is a plus
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on startup environments
- Fluency in other languages
Only applications containing a collection of previous work and a video cover letter will be taken into account.
Why should you join Proton?
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us. Proton is free, open source, neutral, independent, and community first, while remaining financially sustainable.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
- Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton.
Apply via the original post…