Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager
DuckDuckGo is an internet privacy company providing private search, web and app tracking protection, Smarter Encryption, email protection, and more.
Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager (Remote)
Hi, we’re DuckDuckGo, the Internet privacy company for everyone who wants to take back their privacy now. For over a decade, we've been building our all-in-one product, developing new privacy technology, and working with policymakers to make online privacy simple and accessible for all.
Our app is now downloaded more than 75M times a year, and our private search engine packaged with it has become the #2 search engine on mobile in over 21 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Germany, and the Netherlands. Oh, and we've been profitable since 2014 with revenue currently exceeding $100 million a year! Now, we’re rolling out a suite of new privacy solutions, including Email Protection, App Tracking Protection and our first-ever Desktop Apps for Mac and Windows.
We’re looking for a Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager to help shape our all-in-one privacy solution and join our mission to show the world that protecting your privacy online can be simple.
In this role, you will help drive awareness and adoption of the latest features of our all-in-one privacy app, helping tens of millions of people get the most comprehensive privacy protection with the push of a button. You'll take the lead on creating and implementing a strategy for using owned and operated organic channels to accelerate cross-product adoption and reacquire churned users.
Leveraging the expertise of stakeholders across the organization, you’ll be responsible for driving growth and engagement across key earned and owned channels, including push notifications and email. This position is a foundational role on our marketing team and a unique opportunity to join an innovative organization as we expand our product offerings.
We are fully remote and seek to empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. We provide both project and career advisory to support your career growth. If that seems awesome, and you like the idea of our core values — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — you’ll fit right in!
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo
- 7+ years of experience developing and executing on strategies in owned and operated channels including push notifications, social, and email.
- Ability to work creatively at a strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for channel campaigns) and at the tactical level (writing and testing copy for these campaigns).
- Ability to translate product and brand goals into words that empower users to take action across platforms.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and various research platforms to refine and optimize copy and design. You measure, track, and optimize tactical performance.
- Fluency in best practices for owned and operated channels like push notifications, email, and social.
- Ability to collaborate on development of data tools and dashboards to measure and monitor KPIs for all aspect of the user life cycle.
- Ability to lead and collaborate on high-impact and complex projects from proposal through post-mortem.
- Skills to wrangle vague problems, propose innovative solutions, and execute them with a strong focus on metrics.
How We Will Support You
Our core values -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
- Remote First, Always: We've always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, whenever.
- Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
- Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles.
- Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
We also offer paid parental leave, a co-working stipend, office setup reimbursement, and a wellness stipend. More support resources can be found in our, Team Member Support Guide, which explains how we make your well-being a priority.
For more information on how we collaborate worldwide, from leadership in our relatively flat organization to start-to-finish ownership, check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work.
Annual compensation: $170,000 USD and stock options. Compensation is the same within a professional level, regardless of geographic location or functional area, and the compensation for each professional level is transparent across the organization.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, caste, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by our policies or federal, state, or local laws.
We want to ensure that our hiring process is accessible. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that:
Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each around 4-5 days). While extenuating circumstances may impact attendance, everyone is strongly encouraged to attend.
- While we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average full-time commitment of 40 hours per week.
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results of the same, as a condition of joining the team.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that all information submitted is accurate and complete. You further acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information during the application process is cause for denial of an offer, revocation of any existing offer, or other adverse action, up to and including termination after the start of your commencement of work.
Please see above.
Apply via the original post…
To help with your application, here's a sample marketing specialist cover letter.