Signal is a non-profit organisation that focuses on providing secure and private communication tools for individuals and organizations.
Signal is hiring designers to help us craft high-quality experiences in an environment where cutting-edge security is paired with elegant user interfaces. This role is an opportunity to have an immediate impact while working closely with a talented team to solve challenging problems and ship new features to millions of users.
- Experience shipping a successful mobile app and guiding a design from conception to execution.
- Familiar with user research and the process of gathering meaningful feedback.
- Comprehensive understanding of design tools, platform conventions, common patterns, and components.
- Knowledge of prototyping best practices (using tools like Framer or Origami).
- 5+ years of industry experience.
What we offer
- We’re fully distributed. This means you can work anywhere within US timezones. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop or your living room or a coworking space we help cover, Signal gives you the flexibility to make your work work for you. And we travel a few times throughout the year so you can get to know your colleagues in person.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental with all premiums covered.
- Our 401(k) plan matches your contributions (without any vesting period) up to the employee federal maximum of $20,500.
- We're stable, well-funded, and driven by our privacy mission, not profit. This means we’re capable of focusing on what is best for users without distractions or compromises.
- Feel good about what you do. Signal is building core infrastructure for truly private digital communications. We don’t participate in the surveillance business model, and we are proud of the integrity and transparency of our work..
Signal Messenger is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
At Signal, trust and mutual respect are foundational to our culture, as are empathy and transparency in how we interact as an internal team and with the world around us. We are committed to creating a work environment that is supportive, challenging, and that draws on people from a variety of backgrounds. Diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to delivering on our core purpose of protecting free expression and enabling secure communication around the globe.
Apply via the original post…
To help with your application, here's a sample product designer cover letter.
Last updated .