IT Infrastructure Procurement Specialist
Proton is a Swiss technology company offering privacy-focused online services including email, VPN and file storage.
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, Proton Drive and Proton Pass give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 100 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, Paris, Barcelona and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist, for our location in Skopje. Your role will be to join the Proton Procurement team, responsible to serve the hardware, networking, and streaming infrastructure of the Proton infrastructure. As Proton scales up the procurement team is scaling up as well in order to serve the growing demands of the Proton Core and Proton VPN infrastructure teams. You would be part of the team that guarantees Proton’s users are going to be served with an optimal and cost-efficient infrastructure. This includes monitoring potential flaws in servers that are already in use, following up with the infra team, and proactively focusing on establishing the long-term wellbeing of Proton VPN infrastructure. Together with the Procurement team that is already in place, you will be able to define strategies and create compelling solutions in regard to the demands of the Proton Team.
What you will do
- Own and execute strategic sourcing and vendor selection to serve the different particular infrastructure needs
- Taking part in Initial contact, screening, and establishment of a well-managed relationship with vendors/providers
- Contributing to setting up and maintaining specifications, according to the analysis of the hardware requirements
- Ensuring effective pricing and market analysis
- Working closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements
- Taking part in end-to-end responsibility to follow up with future orders, and communication with the Infrastructure team
- Manage the company Procurement software to ensure all data are correct and up-to-date
- Perform routine follow-up and effective resolution tactics to settle fulfilment issues and invoice variances
- Assist with inventory management as it relates to procurement activities
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to delivery, quality, and cost
- Identify opportunities for implementation of cost savings and process improvements
- Manage relationships with suppliers. Evaluate performance and areas of opportunity
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc
- Experience working as a procurement specialist in the same area
- Working in international environment in private sector procurement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language (proficiency in another major language is an asset)
- Good analytics skills - necessary to evaluate offers, invoice accuracy and order fulfilment
- Interpersonal skills and collaboration with multiple teams, and multiple projects
- Good negotiation skills - vital to negotiating vendor contracts
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the technology behind Proton products (e.g. encryption, email and VPN protocols, etc.), online privacy, and information security
- Experience with digital technology procurement tools and platforms
- IT based background
Why should you join Proton?
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us. Proton is free, open source, neutral, independent, and community first, while remaining financially sustainable.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
- Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton.
Apply via the original post…