Head Of Growth
Proton is a Swiss technology company offering privacy-focused online services including email, VPN and file storage.
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 70 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Head of Growth to spearhead all growth activities for the Proton's product portfolio. You will identify the growth levers and build the roadmap with other senior stakeholders (engineering, product, marketing) to enable the business unit to achieve its growth objectives. This is a high profile role which will have a concrete impact on one of our key products.
What you will do
- Manage growth, acquisition, and retention strategies and execution across all marketing channels for Proton
- Develop go-to-market plans, pricing strategies plans and business models to support the revenue growth of our business units
- Define & champion Proton's target audiences, messaging, and positioning.
- Master the competitive landscape and evaluate market gaps and business development opportunities.
- Act as the users’ advocate and the voice of the market, synthesizing customer feedback into actionable insights to inform future product development
- Optimize conversion rates across the board, including landing pages, upgrade pages, renewal pages, and any other touchpoint for our products
- Own and drive the business metrics of the organization.
- Facilitate hand-in-hand collaboration between growth, product, engineering, marketing and data to align on the vision and the execution.
- 10+ years of experience in driving product revenue growth.
- People management experience as you will be hiring, developing the careers of people who report to you, and also engaged with performance management
- While not a hard requirement, we do prefer candidates who have a tech and B2C background
- Exceptional project and program management. You need to be good at leadership by influence, as there will people outside of your reporting line that you must be able to motivate and inspire towards achieving your vision
- You need to be hands on. Proton’s culture is not corporate, and we expect our leaders to lead from the front
- Analytical and data driven. This is important at Proton, and we welcome candidates with scientific or engineering backgrounds who now work in marketing or growth.
- 360° business acumen in marketing, sales and finance.
- Cost-efficient mindset. Proton is a bootstrapped startup. We’re creative and efficient, because that’s how we will win in the long run.
Why should you join Proton?
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us. Proton is free, open source, neutral, independent, and community first, while remaining financially sustainable.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
- Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton.
Apply via the original post…
To help with your application, here's a sample marketing specialist cover letter.