Proton is a Swiss technology company offering privacy-focused online services including email, VPN and file storage.
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, Proton Drive and Proton Pass give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 100 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, Paris, Barcelona and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a talented data analyst to help us support data-driven decision-making across the company. You will be embedded within a business unit (Mail, VPN, Drive, Growth, etc) and will play a key role in understanding our customers, guiding the team in their decision-making, and driving the implementation of new features and growth initiatives. As part of the data team, you will also collaborate with data science and data engineering in improving our data platform.
What you will do
- Lead colleagues to the right decision by using data
- Assemble, clean, and manage large, complex datasets from different data sources
- Apply tools and techniques for data analysis and visualization
- Represent and summarize data and findings in the most appropriate format
- Research new use cases for already existing data, and provide feedback on new data sources to be incorporated
- Collaborate with the data science team in developing advanced analytics applications for the business unit
- Share findings and best practices for your business unit with analysts in other business units
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitive (statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, etc) or financial discipline.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in business intelligence, product analytics, marketing KPIs, or web analytics
- at least 3 years of relevant working experience in the field
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of a BI tool, preferably Tableau
- Good knowledge of Python is a plus
- Open-minded, ready to test and implement new ideas
Why should you join Proton?
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us. Proton is free, open source, neutral, independent, and community first, while remaining financially sustainable.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
- Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton.
Apply via the original post…